Prep Time 15 mins Cook Time 30 mins Total Time 45 mins
Serving:6 Calories 167 kcal Author: Lisa Richards
Moist and full of fresh strawberry flavor, these muffins make a delightful treat, perfect for breakfast, a snack or dessert.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, canned coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. powdered stevia
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 6 fresh strawberry slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees C). Line 6 cups of a 12 cup muffin tin with paper baking cups or brush generously with oil, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift coconut flour, baking soda and salt, whisk to combine. In another medium bowl, add unsweetened coconut milk, stevia, melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla, whisk thoroughly. Pour liquid ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients, stir to combine for one minute as coconut flour absorbs liquids. Fold diced strawberries into muffin batter.
- Spoon muffin batter into the prepared tin, smoothing tops, then press a strawberry slice on the top of each. Bake muffins until golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool, serve.
I hope you enjoy the muffins as much as I do. If you try to make yours, share your experience and let me know how it goes!
Credit: Lisa Richards